Following the successful Conference organised in 2015 in Venice, the
Italian Association for Metallurgy (AIM) is proud to announce the
ECHT 2019 Conference, with focus on Automotive, that will be held in
the beautiful Bardolino on Garda Lake on 5-6-7 June 2019.
Prospective authors wishing to present papers are invited to submit
a tentative title and an abstract on the following topics.
• Thermo-chemical treatment (carburizing, nitriding,
• Surface hardening (induction, laser, ..)
• Coating technology and coatings (PVD, CVD, plasma, thermal spray,
• Design and construction of industrial heat treatment equipment
• Equipment for measurement and process control
• Quenching technology, equipment and quenchants
• Residual stress and distortion
• Environmental impact of heat treatment
• Environmental aspects of surface engineering
• Tribology and tribological testing methods
• Wear and wear protection
• Modeling and simulation of heat treatment and surface engineering
• Reliability and process control
• Cost analysis and reduction in manufacturing
• Energy saving
• Bulk heat treatment
• Mechanical properties
The Conference language will be English.